Thursday, December 17, 2015

Book Review: Playing Dirty by Jessie K


A full length standalone.
One kiss set the stage.
I knew my acting partner was too young for me, but I didn’t care.
One unforgettable night in my bed was the performance of a lifetime.
Now I can’t get the memories out of my head.
When she shows up in my life again in the worst possible place, I have to think we’re as doomed as Romeo and Juliet.







In short, Matthew and Lynn met at an audition. They share the kiss of all kisses and moved onto a unforgettable night. Lynn gives Matthew a wrong number because she hadn't been upfront with Matthew and felt he wouldn't want to see her again. After a summer of not finding work as a Broadway actor Matthew accepts a teaching position. On the first day of class he discovers one of his new students is none other than Lynn. 

The story is filled with high school drama, secrecy and misunderstandings. There are two separate stories, Matthew and Lynn's Romeo and Juliet star crossed lovers relationship and High School the musical. There's plenty of High School drama, jealously and the proverbial bitch.  To be honest I wasn't 100% comfortable with a HS teacher dating his student even though she's eighteen. I grabbed on to the fact that she is mature and has learned to be self-sufficient because of her absent parents. Overall the story was cute with sexy overtones. It ends with the resolution to another misunderstanding and a HEA. 4 Broadway Lights Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment