Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review: Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan

Perfectly Imperfect

Mirror, mirror ... who's the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn't grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all 'mean girls.'

And those mean girls were right - it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world - and I knew the answer would never be me.

The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.

The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.

Well, that's definitely not Willow Tate.

No. That will never be me.

Because I'm completely imperfect.

And ... I hate myself.

I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.



 

This is a wholeheartedly, beautiful story about discovering your inner strength after struggling with a life long burden. Everyone will find a little bit of themselves in Willow's struggle.

Willow Tate has no self-esteem after years of being berated by her step-father, step-sister and ex-husband. She struggles with her body image and self-hate. Her family attacks her weight, taking away her power, until the day throw her away. It's at the same time Kane Masters pursues Willow, the woman he has been fantasizing about for months.

Kane had an immediate attraction the first time he saw Willow. He was attracted to women with curves and he felt sparks every time she was near.

Willow's self-esteem is at an all time low, she doesn't believe it's plausible for the Sexist Man Alive is interested in her. Can Kane teach Willow how to see her true self? Tate also has a secret he's keeping for a friend that could destroy their relationship in the end.

This is wonderful story about discovering and accepting empowerment and using it to forgive yourself and your demons. Opening yourself up can give you unexpected strength and comforting.


No comments:

Post a Comment