Thursday, October 22, 2015

#FosterAnAuthor Excerpt- Forever More (The Evermore Series Book 2) by Rachel De Lune


Forever More by Rachel De Lune
Excerpt:

“Are you ready to see me, Izzy?”
“Yes, Please…” I beg, and I’m not ashamed.
“Izzy, I’ll warn you. Right now I’m caught between wanting to spank you senseless and worshipping you. It’s been a long week.”
“I’ll love both from you. Please, Seb.” He sighs audibly. “I can come over, I still have your key.”
“I’m away in Manchester at the moment. When will you need to be home?”
“Boxing Day evening. Are you staying at the same hotel?”
“Yes, I’ll meet you in the bar. Drive safely, Isabel. That’s an order.”
* * *
Nearly four hours later I’m parked and have my bag in hand as I walk through the entrance. There is a huge Christmas tree in the lobby, decked with beautiful glass ornaments. I have been distracted from the regular goings-on of Christmas and this sight makes me smile.
Now, standing looking at the tree, meeting the man I love for a rendezvous of passion, I feel Christmassy. The misery of the last week has evaporated. The conversations ahead of us won’t be easy, but I’m not afraid. Not anymore.
I’m nervous and the butterflies are back in residence. Walking through the lobby I notice it’s nearly deserted. The combination of Christmas Eve and the late evening have emptied the hotel. Seb told me to meet him in the bar—the bar where we met the first time at the hotel—and it seemed fitting. I sit at one of the bar stools and start twiddling with my ring. My stomach is churning and I long to be wrapped in his arms. Please, please, please!
I texted him as soon as I parked the car, but so far nothing back—it’s torture. There isn’t even a barman I can order a drink from, so I’m stuck with only my own thoughts for company.
I feel him before I see him. All the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I start tingling in anticipation. “Merry Christmas, Isabel,” he purrs at my ear, sending shivers through my body. He doesn’t touch me, just hovers his mouth by my cheek. I tilt my head back and up towards him. “I think we should go upstairs. Come on.” He steps back and offers his hand out to help me, which I gratefully accept.
His handsome frame holds a tension I wish I could erase. In jeans and a white shirt he makes my mouth water. His stubble has grown out a little and I itch to feel its scrape across my skin. He collects my bag and leads me to wait for the lift. He doesn’t look at me or say a word as we wait, and I can’t help but shift from foot to foot. I’m eager to be with Seb, for him to lay my worries to rest, about us and our future. If we have a future. The separation from him that I felt in our conversation is still there, bubbling through my veins.
The ‘ding’ makes me jump. Why am I feeling like this? Seb steps us into the lift car, dropping the bag. As the doors close, he pulls me into his arms and engulfs me in a huge cuddle. He crushes me to his chest and just squeezes hard. I melt at his sign of affection, but it is just what I need. He shuffles me a few feet without breaking his hold and he presses the emergency stop button. “For the next day, our time together here is just for us, Izzy. I want us to enjoy our time together without thinking about anything else. Our bubble again. Can you give me that?” I stare up him and know that he holds all of my trust. I’ll do what Seb wants. “And I won’t be calling you Isabel from now on.” My eyes close and the tears run freely at his words. Our bubble! I remember that we’ve only really spent the night together one other time. Now, I’ll be getting to spend Christmas waking up next to him.
My tears are happy tears, and I struggle out of his hold to wrap my arms around him. I lift my mouth to his and kiss him. I kiss him and it’s wonderful. His lips crush into mine, expressing the passion that is always between us. His lips tell me how much more he wants. We show each other our base need through this kiss—his tongue pushing and penetrating me. He takes control, holding my jaw, and slows my overzealous attack on him. He turns the kiss into a slow, sensuous act. I’m desperate to be under him.
“What do you say, Izzy?” he reminds me.
“Yes….please,” I mumble out, agreeing to his conditions. I would have agreed to anything after that kiss.
He pulls back, cradling my head in his hands. His beautiful aqua eyes bore into mine, past the teary sheen. A promise. Unspoken between us that the next few days will be an indulgence for both of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment