Monday, June 29, 2015

Review: Priest by Sierra Simone

Priest


There are many rules a priest can't break.
A priest cannot marry. A priest cannot abandon his flock. A priest cannot forsake his God.

I've always been good at following rules.
Until she came.
My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I'm twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again.
I am a priest and this is my confession.










This is a erotic, lust-filled, love story, plain and simple. Tyler Bell, aka 'Father What-a-Waste' is a Priest who finds him 'lamb', a woman who tempts him. "I stopped seeing a penitent. I stopped seeing a child of God. I stopped seeing a lost lamb in need of a shepherd. I saw only a woman in need-ripe, delicious need." The story centers around Father Bell's struggle between God and Poppy Dansforth, his temptress.

Poppy Dansforth is an interesting character. She had left her world of privilege because she did not fit in. She went to college for her parents, she earned the degrees her parents expected her to earn. After a relationship that had gone wrong, Poppy left to find her own way. The story written in Tyler Bell's POV, only with glimpses of Poppy thoughts. All though the story is based around Father Bell's decisions, I found myself piecing Poppy together, trying to understand what makes her tick. She was sent to Father Bell so they can both move forward in their lives. Moving past lose, pain and finding God in each other. Oddly metaphorical for an erotic romance.

Father Bell  is a bit obsessive, even stalkerish. At times I wondered if he would fall off the deep end. He has a very interesting uses of the alter and sacramental oils.

I enjoyed the story of self-discovery that lead to love and forgiveness of oneself and one another.  I don't consider this story Taboo. Priests are human and have the same emotions and instincts of any hot blooded male. Although Father Bell's reason for joining the Priesthood are honorable, it doesn't mean it was his calling. Pain can drive a persons life however it's acceptance that moves it forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment