Thursday, April 30, 2015

****Review**** Hard by Eve Jagger

Hard (A Sexy Bastard Book)

Strong. Arrogant. Hard.
Ryder Cole is the King of Atlanta’s nightlife — and the one man who can erase my past.

I’m running from secrets that could destroy me and there’s no room in my life for someone like him: too damn cocky, and sexy as hell. I should keep my distance, but smart goes out the window the minute he looks my way. And when he puts his hands on me … A girl could forget her own name.

But what happens when the past catches up with me, and all the things I’m hiding from tear our lives apart again? I can’t keep running forever, and Ryder always wins.

He's not the kind of guy to let me go gently, Ryder will give it to me Hard






Cassie McEntire returns home from England to a big surprise.  A tall, muscular, broad-shouldered, Armani wearing surprise that wakes her in the middle of the night looking for her brother, Jamie McEntire. 

Ryder Cole, ex-fighter, owner of several night clubs, and underground fight club and betting ring. He doesn’t allow any five or six figure debts to people he doesn’t know except for the one that gradually accumulated by Jamie McEntire.  Ryder has his reputation to protect and pursues Jamie for his money. 

Cassie discovers that her brother owes ten thousand dollars and has given their home as collateral. She doesn’t want to lose their home and offers her accounting services to payback her brother’s debt. Ryder agrees and soon finds his attraction to Cassie irresistible. 

Ryder is a smart man and to stay on top he sometimes needs to flex some muscle. He’s not looking for a relationship because he has been deceived in the past. Cassie has secrets, she hiding from her past, ignoring it, even after several warning signs that there is trouble ahead.  As their relationship develops Cassie is unable to confess her secrets to Ryder, she’s used to protecting herself. When the truth is discovered can their relationship survive?

Cassie is frustrating, she’s wants to help her brother but she won’t help herself. Cassie’s hiding from her past, ignoring the danger signs. She puts her relationship and her life in jeopardy. When her big secret was disclosed I felt betrayed.  Ryder is a good man and protector. Although Cassie has been hiding the truth, Ryder is able to see past her secret and provide support and security. The epilogue provides closure and a HEA.



Hard Teaser


No comments:

Post a Comment