Friday, April 24, 2015

****Review**** Caress of Pleasure: A Dark Pleasures Novella (Dark Pleasures) by Julie Kenner

Caress of Pleasure: A Dark Pleasures Novella

I'd thought that he was mine, the dark, arresting man who commanded not only my body but my heart. Dante had swept into my life, and I'd succumbed to the burn of passion in his arms.

I'd believed we had a love that would last forever, but he'd shattered my dreams and broken me into pieces when he'd walked away, taking a piece of my soul with him.

Now he has come back seeking my help, and though I try to keep my distance and protect my heart, I cannot deny that the fire between us burns hotter than ever. And I cannot help but fear that this time our passion will reduce us both to ashes.










I don't usually read paranormal stories but I took a chance on this story and loved it! It's a story of love lost, misunderstandings and immortality.

 Dante Storm has only loved one woman, Brenna Hart. A future together was an impossibility because "He'd fallen for a mortal, after all. And after thirteen years, the memory of Brenna Hart still had the power to wreck him."  Now in order to save one of his team, Merrick, Dante has to face the woman he left behind and ask for her help.

Brenna Hart is a private acquisitions consultant. She was once madly in love until Dante Storm snuffed out her light. Now Brenna keeps men at a distance. "I played fast and loose with my emotions once before and I'd lost big time. Now I keep my heart locked up tighter than most of the museums I work with." It has been thirteen years since she last saw Dante and when he reappears he doesn't look as if he aged a day.

Dante and Brenna feelings are rekindled, however it doesn't change the fact that Dante must walk away. There is one option for their happily-ever-after but it's risky if Brenna isn't Dante's true mate. A misunderstanding thirteen years ago may continue to keep them separated unless Brenna discovers truth.

This is a short story that packs a punch. It's a classic love story of love lost because of a misunderstanding with the twist of immortality. The conflicts were well developed and kept me turning the pages seeking the happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment