Monday, March 30, 2015

*****5 Stars***** Review: Unspeakable Truths by Alice Tribue

Unspeakable Truths

Everything I ever learned about fairy-tales was a fucking lie…

Four years ago, my life was everything I wanted it to be: I had everything I wanted, everything I needed, in my best friend and newly wedded husband—Tyler.

Yet, hours after we said "I do," I lost him.

Forever...

The dreams we'd shared, the future we'd planned—all of our hopes and desires, were ripped away in mere seconds.

And now, four years later, my life still feels like a hopeless eternity.

So, I guess it's quite fitting that the last person I want to hear from is currently standing at my front door. 


He wants to tell me the truth about that night, he wants to be my new knight in shining armor, but the thing is…
He was the best man..






I loved this story! I enjoyed every page, every word, every thought. Everly Phillips has lost her husband, for four years she alienates herself from the outside world. She continues to live and suffer in the home that Tyler, her deceased husband, had built for her. Everly blames Tyler's best friend, Luca, for what led to his death. "Luca didn't actually kill Tyler. He didn't hold the gun to his chest or pull the trigger. I know that technically it wasn't his fault, but his actions were what let to it. If he'd just left Tyler alone that morning he'd still be here with me."

Everly was living in her own hell. She decides that it's time to take care of herself and goes out to buy groceries, she had been relying on her mother to bring her food. When leaving the supermarket she hears a voice she hasn't heard in four years, the voice of the man she has held in contempt, who she hated, Luca Jenson.

Luca tries to connect with Everly, he feels she needs to know the truth however her anger deafens her to his pleas. "I don't need you to hate me Everly I already hate myself. Don't think for one minute for one fucking minute, that I don't blame myself, that I don't live with that every single day of my life. You think I wouldn't change it if I could? You think I don't know he's dead because of my choices? I fucking know!"  He doesn't reveal the truth to Everly because he doesn't want to make her sadder.

Everly does confront Luca about her suspicions, the truth is revealed and Everly needs to be alone, it's how she copes. It's not the only truth that Luca is hiding from Everly, he loves her and wants a chance to be with her. Everly believes that Luca had hated her for many years, he had been hiding behind a facade in order to keep his friendship with Tyler. The truth about Tyler's character flaws continue to unravel and are no longer hidden from Everly. "I think of Tyler and what he did to his best friend, what he did to me, I think of all the unspeakable truths I've learned about Tyler West, and I'm through with living it, wading through waters of a life that wasn't what I thought it would be."

Luca pursues Everly, he doesn't want to miss out on his chance that he should have taken so many years ago. He draws Everly out of her hell and puts the light back into her eyes. Everly continues to struggle, she needs to be pushed forward and begin to put the past behind her. She makes a breakthrough until Tyler's father decides to destroy it.

I loved Everly, although she starts off broken and angry, it doesn't stop her from learning the truth. Her character is well developed She is hurt, her feelings don't disappear, instead she learns to move on with her life. I will say thank goodness for best friends, Morgan is a real hero in this story, she continued to encourage Everly, always her cheerleader. She knows when Everly needs her most and steps in. We should all have a best friend like Morgan.



No comments:

Post a Comment