Monday, May 22, 2017

Book Review: Wire by L.P. Lovell & Stevie J. Cole

Wire (Wrong #3)
Tor
Jude and I managed to salvage something beautiful from the war torn rubble of our lives, a blissful happiness that we paid for in blood. We fought our way here, leaving pieces of ourselves along the way. I thought this was the happily ever after in our twisted fairy tale, but I was wrong.
Jude
I may be free by definition. That freedom came at a heavy cost and my family is about to pay the price. At any moment, this façade will come crashing down. Hard. The life I've lived—that kind of world—it stains you, and no matter how hard you try, you can never escape its wrath. Not even in death.
Love. Fear. Loss.
We're walking a wire and all that's beneath us is destruction.





Wire is book three in the Wrong Series. Jude and Tor are back with the addition of their daughter. This story has one speed, full throttle. Hold on tight because you're in for an intense, dark and twisted roller coaster ride. The ending left my eye twitching. 

They had been living happily for two years with their daughter but it was only a reprieve, the calm before the storm.

"But monsters rarely ever get a fucking fairy tale...and I know that."
  
An American, A Colombian and A Russian walk into a bar and all hell breaks loose. Jude hasn't given up his old ways, he's now working with Gabriel the leader of the Juarez cartel. Jude continues to launder dirty money but the difference is he now does it as a ghost. Well, that's until his past catches up to him and the Russians join the party.

"I'm having to choose between the two people I love most in the world and it breaks my heart. But ultimately there is no choice. It's Cayla, It will always be Cayla." 

Tor has a new focus. She's now a mother and will do anything to protect her daughter. Even bargain against her husbands life. She's a woman on a mission and she will fight to the end. My heart hurt for her struggle.

This story is intense. Nail biting! I read it in one day because I couldn't put it down. The ending leaves us up in the air. I'm ready for the next book! Give me! Give me! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment