Thursday, July 27, 2017

Book Review: Big Shot by Kim Karr

Big Shot (Sexy Jerk World, #2)
To believe one person can change your destiny sounds absurd. But it happened to me… twice.

Ten years ago I had no idea what I wanted out of life, until I met Hannah Michaels. She was a computer-engineering student ready to conquer the social media world, and I was smitten. Even though I knew she was taken, I had to have her.

Being the big shot that I was, I didn’t let her status stand in my way. It wasn’t long before my hands were on her thighs and my name a whisper on her lips. This smart, sexy girl inspired me to greatness, helped me grow into the kind of man I never knew I wanted to be. The man I am today.

Too bad I hadn’t grown fast enough to keep her.

Moving on wasn’t easy, but I knew I had to let her go. Eventually, I found someone to share my days and nights with, and together we had a daughter. My life was nearly perfect until my world turned upside down.

A single father has challenges, and one of those is learning how to calmly deal with your child coming home in tears. I had no idea the day I pounded on my daughter’s classmate’s door, Hannah would be the one standing on the other side.

The wild, burning desire that roared through my veins was unwanted, and yet impossible to ignore. Letting her in meant so much more this time around. Guilt hit me like a hammer. I hated myself. I hated her. The problem was I really didn’t hate her—I wanted her more than ever.

But this time around I can’t have her.

This time it’s my status that stands in our way. And going up against myself just might be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Big Shot is a heartwarming second-chance tearjerker romance. It's the second book in the Sexy Jerk World series but can be read as a standalone. This story is an emotional battle until the end.

Jace is the owner of Flirt Enterprises, a social media dating site. He's also a single father to a beautiful, vivacious daughter. However he's lonely. Jace lost his wife three year ago, leaving him feeling empty.

When Jace's daughter is bullied on her first day of school he decides to go straight to the source and speak with the bully's parent. As it turns out the bully's parent is none other than Hannah Michaels. Jace hasn't seen Hannah in ten years, since the day she left him and never returned. She had broke him until he met his now deceased wife who had put him back together.

Ten years ago Jace and Hannah weren't able to move forward with their relationship because Hannah was dating Ethan and they didn't want to betray their friendship. Ten years later although their chemistry is undeniable, Jace is unable to have a relationship with Hannah because of he feels he's betraying his deceased wife. Hannah wants more from Jace, she deserves more and if Jace can't give it to her she's ready to move on.

Jace's grief broke my heart. His struggle, pain and heartache leads to a heartfelt grand gesture that left me crying happy tears. Ten years changes people and for Jace and Hannah it changed everything except their connection. I loved this story! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment