Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Book Review: Hot Cop by Laurelin Paige & Sierra Simone

Hot Cop
You have the right to remain sexy.

Anything you say can and will be used to get you in my bed.

You have the right to use my body to give yourself a delirious, life-changing orgasm.

If you have trouble...don’t worry, I’m a bit of an expert in that department.

There’s nothing ‘thin’ about my blue line, if you catch my drift, and trust me, I know how to put those handcuffs to good use.

***

Livia Ward wants a baby before she’s thirty.  And even though Officer Chase Kelly is exactly the kind of cocky jerk this librarian has sworn off, he is undeniably hot.  Both of them think they can give each other what they want--a few nights of fun for Officer Kelly, a no-strings baby for Livia--but this hot cop is about to learn that sex, babies, and love don’t always play by the rules.


Hot Cop is a sexy romantic comedy. It's about moving past fears and living after turning thirty years old.

Livia Ward is a hippy librarian who has just turned twenty-nine and fears the dreaded thirty. She is no longer interested in dating men after her past experiences. "I prefer living without that heartache, thank you very much. I like the safety zone. Maybe the returns aren't as exciting, but I know what I'm getting." But it's not enough. She's missing something in her life to make it whole.

Officer Chase Kelly aka Officer Good Times is happy with his one-nighters, no attachments, just fun. When he's ask to father a baby by Livia with no strings attached Chase is all in. 

What starts off as a baby making transaction quickly evolves into more. Now the question is can Livia and Chase move past their fears.

Livia's fear of turning thirty is way too funny. I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. Livia had been hurt in the past by men she had dated. The story lightly touches on what occurred to make Livia quit men, it may have helped with the development if we had more insight. I love that the authors taught us a very important lesson, not to forget to live. 4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment