Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Book Review: Shade's Lady by Joanna Wylde

Shade's Lady (Reapers MC, #6.5)
Looking back, none of this would’ve happened if I hadn’t dropped my phone in the toilet. I mean, I could’ve walked away from him if I’d had it with me.
Or maybe not.
Maybe it was all over the first time he saw me, and he would’ve found another way. Probably—if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that Shade always gets what he wants, and apparently he wanted me.
Right from the first. 








Shade's Lady is refreshing. It's an MC Alpha romance with just the right amount of angst and humor.

Mandy McBride has no luck with men. The women in her family are cursed when picking a man. Mandy moved to Violetta to help out her sister with her three kids. She needed a change after she had gone to jail because of her ex-husband. Her sister Hannah left her husband after she discovered her ex was a cheat. While in Violetta, Mandy hooks up with a biker named Rebel. It's all fun and sex until Rebel trades her to Shade. Rebel was short on cash so he trade Mandy. Yup, Mandy is not good at picking men.

Shade, President of the Reapers, wants Mandy. He's not looking for a relationship, just a good time before he has to leave Violetta. When Mandy finally offers him a no strings attached, one night stand Shade is all in.

Mandy is an awesome heroine. She's a fighter, slightly naive and humorous. After the Rebel disaster, Mandy's subconscious takes on the superwoman persona and she had me cracking up! I love her internal struggles. I loved when Shade went all overpowering Alpha on Mandy. This novella was a surprise treat. Yes, there was angst but it also had a good mix of humor . 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment