Monday, November 14, 2016

Book Review: Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll by Sawyer Bennett

Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll
When you’re a rock god, fame and fortune are your two best friends, but they can be fickle bitches. Everyone wants a piece of me and I have no clue how to deal with it all. I’m being sued, pressured to sign contracts, and fending off rabid women who want to steal my virtue.
Well, not that I really have any virtue, but still… my life has turned completely bat-shit crazy.
That’s why I need Emma Peterson. She got me out of a bit of a jam once, and I know she can do it again. The only problem is that sweet, prim and totally straight-laced Emma doesn’t want anything to do with me. Not professionally, and certainly not personally.
It’s not that I want her in that way. Let’s be realistic… it would take a crow bar of epic proportions to get her to spread those legs for me.
No, I only want her legal expertise and for her to make sense of my crazy world. It’s a good thing I have just the leverage to make her do my bidding, because her refusal is not an option.

Take one conceited, egotistical rock star and one prissy, straight-laced wanna-be lawyer put them on tour together and you get Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll. The story is a fast paced unexpected romance.
Emma Peterson is newer lawyer with Knight & Payne. Emma wants nothing more than to work in a nice, quiet office researching the law and reviewing contracts. However she currently has a job in The Pit.  A pit of lawyers and staff who work collaboratively to win cases. It’s noisy, distracting and very casual. Emma is more of the stuffy lawyer type, and just a tad bit conceited. To Emma’s surprise she’s given an unexpected assignment by Midge Payne, one of the original partners. She’s assigned to handle Evan Scott’s criminal case. Evan Scott rock star and the boss’s nephew.

Evan Scott finds himself in a bind after a hard night of partying. He’s accused of a crime and calls his Aunt Midge Payne for help. To his surprise it’s not his Aunt who arrives to save him but one very stuffy Emma Peterson. 
Evan is intrigued by Emma. He’s so intrigued that he requests Emma to be his lawyer for a variety of reasons. In order to seal the deal, Evan makes her an offer she can’t refuse.
“you work for me on these issues and help me get past them. Then Midge pulls strings and gets you your dream job.”
Emma accepts the offer and she finds herself in for the ride of her life. Evan discovers not all women are after his money or fame.Can these two opposites find love or the Rock & Roll lifestyle too much for Emma? 
Come on board of the Evan Scott express and join the tour. Unexpected relationships (including a four legged friend variety)are formed and others destroyed. I enjoyed the story although at the beginning Evan comes off slightly dickish. 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment