Friday, September 16, 2016

Book Review: The Virgin Intern (A Dirty Office Romance) by Penny Wylder

The Virgin Intern (A Dirty Office Romance)
He's a dirty kisser... and even dirtier in the bedroom.
"Stay away from Andrew Finch." That was my uncle's warning when I started interning for his company. I took it to heart. How could I not? There was no way I was going to risk my blossoming career by disobeying.
But on my first day, pushed together too closely in a stock room, I met him.
I didn't know guys like Andrew existed outside of Men's Fitness magazines. His eyes cut through my clothes, and I'm sure his smirking mouth could get a girl off easy and quick.
Not that I'd know... I'm a virgin, after all.
I want to listen to my uncle and keep my distance, but Andrew makes it impossible. We don't just work together, he lives in the same building as me! When he offers to help me move, one thing leads to another. I never had a chance.
Andrew is wild—a real kinky kind of alpha. You won't believe what he does to a pair of my panties... or what I do with them when he's done.
But I shouldn't have given in. Now that I've had a taste, I can't stop myself.

The Virgin Intern is a quick, office romance. Naomi is hired by her uncle after her music career failed. On her first day, while having a fight with the company copy machine, she meets Andrew Finch. Her Uncle warns her to stay away from Andrew because he's angling to take over the firm. It doesn't take long before they meet again while working on a case and fall into bed. Naomi has is worried about losing her job and has to decide between her uncle and Andrew.

There is some disconnect in the story. Naomi quickly gives up her virginity to Andrew and it felt rushed.  I wasn't sure what either was feeling. I didn't connect with either character. There are also several times when the story moves unexpectedly to the next scene. I really like Penny Wylder but I wasn't able to connect with book. 3 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment