Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Why I love blogging about books.




I've been blogging for almost two years. I returned to reading with the Harry Potter series. Soon reading became part of my daily day. It relaxed me, settled my mind and calmed my soul. My mind was always racing with my to-do-lists and work issues. I needed to find a way to relax and take me out of head. I soon discovered Maya Banks and Kristen Ashley. I couldn't read their books fast enough. My life continued to become more complex with promotions, taking care of and teaching my little guy. My husband encouraged me to find my passion outside of work and that's when I discovered blogging. I dove right in. I had no clue how to create a blog, I spent hours on constructing a page that looked half way descent. I started writing short reviews, testing out different formats and checking out other blogs for ideas. I soon set up a Facebook page for my blog and other social media accounts and that is when I discovered a whole other world. Authors who loved to chat, bloggers who shared their passion, and readers with the same interests. Overtime I discovered amazing authors (way to many to mention). I ventured into different genres. I made a few close blogging friends. I love promoting new books, old books, authors and fellow bloggers. I love reading new authors and discovering their passion. The romance community is a very giving community with fund raisers for different charities and sometimes for each other. Even though my blog is small I have never felt ignored. I have even been lucky enough to attend a few book signings. Fan girling has become my second hobby. I just want to say Thank You to everyone who has taken the time to chat with me about books, life or just to say hi. Sometimes blogging can be tedious with deadlines and postings but I've enjoyed every last minute.

(Disclaimer: I wrote this while my hubby was trying to have a full conversation with me about lawn mowers. I apologize upfront for any grammatical error. Lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment