Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Review: Lured By My Master by Jenna Jacob

Lured By My Master (The Doms Of Genesis Book 6)
How far would you go for love? Would you strip away your defenses? Confront your fears? Unlock your darkest secrets? Risk your heart without any promise of tomorrow?
I, Cindy Noland, ER Nurse have fallen crazy-in-love with sinfully sexy Dr. Samuel Brooks, only to discover he’s been hiding a kinky alter ego: Master Sam. Confronting him tossed me into a mysterious new world that incited my every fear, made my heart race, and left me questioning everything I knew about myself. Now I have only two options: gather the pieces of my heart and walk away, or lay my soul bare to venture into the sensual unknown with a man who’s heart might never be mine?
Just how far would I go for love? 







Welcome back to the Doms of Genesis. This is Master Sam and Nurse Allisinda's story, a coming of age story of sorts, a realization and acceptance of one's true nature.

Allisinda 'Cin' Noland does not have the best track record with men. When she overhears a conversation between her boyfriend and best friend it sends her into a tailspin. She thought Sam had been cheating on her but soon discovers he's been hiding a secret world. As it turns out Dr. Sam Brooks is also a Dom.

From the beginning, Sam had detected Cin's submissive tendencies. He's taken charge in the bedroom and had planned on sharing his proclivities with Cin slowly, until he's confronted by her best friend. Now that his secret has been
partially revealed he moves forward with introducing Cin to his world. 

What happens next is an internal battle of pride and self-awareness. Cin is unable to accept that she might be open to a D/s relationship. "I was self-sufficient, liberated, and successful. I didn't need a man in my life to make me complete-I had the fortitude to do that on my own. Besides, I'd never be some spineless, codependent submissive." The struggle is intense and at times hurtful. Cin built a solid wall to protect herself after her previous relationship and can't move past conforming with her societal upbringing.

Master Sam does his best to open Cin's eyes but she doesn't make it easy. In the end her obstinance is hurtful and crushing. It's up to Cin to find a way to move past her pride and open up her heart to a man who wants to push her limits, provide her security and love. 4 1/2 stars!
 

(The cover does not represent the character, it would be nice to have a different cover in the future that is better represents the character.)

No comments:

Post a Comment