Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Review: Hottest Mess by J. Kenner

Hottest Mess (S.I.N., #2)
No one can know about our love—and hiding only makes it hotter.

Dallas Sykes has a reputation. He is known for his parties, his money, and the countless women on his arm. Yet the Dallas I know is a different man—darker, smarter, and unbearably sexy. Just one look from him can leave me breathless; the anticipation of his touch can make me lose control.

Inextricably bound by our past, we keep each other’s secrets. And while there are people who have the power to hurt us, it’s the truth that threatens us most of all.

Dallas can be mine only behind closed doors, our passion as searing as it is forbidden. Yet nothing in this world has ever felt so desperately, deliciously right.




I love J Kenner's angsty romances but I'm struggling with the S.I.N. series. What I liked, the suspenseful ending. The last chapter drew the story together and set it on it's path of vindication. What didn't work for me was the love story. 


"This whole thing is a hot mess, you know. How are we ever going to make this work?"
Jane and Dallas are secretly together, their love hidden from the world in fear of upsetting their parents and losing their inheritance. Jane has discovered some of Dallas's secrets. His big secret takes up most of the story. Jane struggles proving to Dallas that she can help him. She wants to help Dallas take back the control he lost when he had been abducted. She wants him to take her to the dark side with him. The story drawls on with the continuing struggle. Plus more of Dallas's secrets are revealed leading to arguments and hurt feelings. 

Jane and Dallas's love is forbidden because they are brother and sister but not blood related. It's a enormous conflict however there is excessive drama regarding their hidden relationship and Jane giving herself over to help heal Dallas. The ending drew me back into the story, I can't wait for the conclusion. 3- 3 1/2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment