Monday, June 27, 2016

Review: Man Candy by Melanie Harlow

Man Candy

He’s back.

Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.

But I can’t resist.

The sex is incredible (pretty sure we’ve shaken the house right off its foundation), but he can’t fool me—not this time. A degree in marketing and five years in advertising have taught me that “true love” is a fairy tale used to sell lipstick, diamonds, and perfume. It doesn’t exist.

He thinks I’m wrong, and he wants to prove it.

I think he’s crazy, so I dare him to try.

It might be the biggest mistake of my life.


I love, love, love Man Candy. Just when I needed a pick-me-up, Man Candy delivered. It has the right amount of humor, angst and heart. The story centers around two characters who had one moment ten years prior that left a lasting mark.

Quinn Rusek is back after one awkward moment ten years ago that may have been the beginning of Jaime's fears. Now Quinn's back, re-evaluating life after his mother's passing, a life that he wants to include Jaime in.

Jaime has created rules to keep her heart safe, "No sleepovers, No excessive cuddling. No getting mad if I don't call or text back some days, no leaving things at my apartment, no talking about feelings," She doesn't believe in love, it's too scary. She treats men like Man Candy, sex with no strings attached.

Quinn has other plans, he's out to make Jaime believe in love.

A very unusual twist on the expected male/female roles. It's men who usually have the fear of commitment. There are articles written in every women's magazine about getting your man to commit. In this story it's Jaime who struggles with commitment, she doesn't want a relationship. She fears becoming like her mother, falling into a pseudo relationship similar to her parents. Quinn has his work cut out for him. The story isn't all serious, there are plenty of funny moments and steamy fun.  5 "Package! It looked like a baby elephant was trying to escape!" Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment