Thursday, May 26, 2016

Review: LOST by Carrie Aarons

https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1462020129l/30061286.jpg

We knew each other a lifetime ago. And then...

We lost childhoods. We lost opportunities. We lost love.

Fate is giving us another chance. But a chance at what?

Because even though we’ve been brought back to each other under the worst of circumstances…

We are still. So. Damn. Lost.








Lost is the first book in the Captive Heart series. It was completely unexpected. I continually questioned what I would do throughout the story. 

The story solely revolves around two characters, Charlotte (Char) and Tucker and their present predicament and past relationship. Tucker has hit rock bottom and desperate times call for desperate measures, which unexpectedly include Char. The story is a bit dark at the beginning but as Tucker and Char's relationship evolves there is a glimmer of hope.

I almost feel that the cover is deceiving, he's too clean, too unblemished. I envision Tucker to be harder, rugged, with visual faults. The cover sets the mood on the story for me. This cover is light hearted, while the story is a bit darker.

The story was totally different then I had expected but none the less captivating. I may not have agreed with Char's decision but I can accept it because in the end she found what she has been missing. I can't wait for the next book. The cliffhanger is a killer. It was difficult to write this review because I don't want to give anything away.  4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment