Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Review: MOTO by M. Never

MOTO
What's harder than resisting one Dane man? Resisting two.

I don't date bikers. It's my one cardinal rule. No rough, rugged, tattooed egotistical maniacs on two wheels. Even if they are gorgeous, brilliant, and sport the prefix Doctor. Bottom line, bikers are nothing but trouble.

T.R.O.U.B.L.E

Dr. Devlin Dane has had his sights set on my panties for months. But I've done a stellar job of fending him off. As Mercy Medical's most eligible bachelor, he has no problem in the panty dropping department. He's tall, dark, and inked all over. I get the appeal, I'm not dead. I'm not stupid either. He's a walking heartbreak waiting to happen.

But when Reese Dane comes crashing into my life - literally- the game suddenly changes.

Reese, the dark, brooding, motorcycle racing champion, knows exactly how to apply the right pressure on and off the track.

The two have an unstoppable pull like centrifugal force, and both bad boy bikers are determined to take me on a high-powered ride I'll never forget...

 
I've never been so conflicted about a book. Moto is definitely sexy and intense. I read the entire story in one sitting. I'm grappling with the ending. It was rough. There are many signs throughout the story but I mistook their meaning. 

Twins, yes sexy twins are both infatuated with one woman. Dr. Devlin (Dev) Dane has returned home to work, no longer wanting to work in a big city. He gets a lot of attention at the hospital because of his good looks. Currently his attention is focused on Nurse Kayla Kincaid. Kayla may find Dr. Dev attractive but shes not interested. He's not only a co-worker but also a biker. Kayla avoids bikers at all cost.

Reese Dane is a world famous, bad ass, Moto Grand Prix Champion ends up in his twin brother's care after an unfortunate accident. Kayla was on site during the accident and saved the day. Reese's injuries will take months to heal. Dev has made arrangements for Reese to stay with him during his recovery and Reese decides to hire Kayla to be his nurse. Their sexual connection is intense between all three of them. After Reese has healed the story moves full steam ahead. Holy hell there are a few steamy scenes that I replayed in my mind several times. However there is a ominous tone that seeps into the story. Someone will be hurt however it's not who, what, how or why I had expected. Instead the story's climax kicked me in the teeth and left me feeling empty. Here is where I'm left feeling conflicted. The author does a good job fitting all the pieces together but in the end I was left feeling hollow. 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment