Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Review: Ladies Man (Manwhore, #3) by Katy Evans

Ladies Man (Manwhore, #3)
Tahoe Roth.
Irreverent, cocky, playful and naughty.
He’s not the guy you date.
He’s the one night stand.
The one your mother warned you about.
The one your body craves.


You’d think the man who called me succulent would want to strip me down and spread me out on his bed—like he’s done with countless others.

But he passed on my offer….

Just like I’d once passed on his.

He’s wary, like I am.

He’s broken, like I am.

And everyone knows two broken parts can’t ever make a whole.

Tahoe and I are strictly friends.

So I distract myself with other men.

He doesn’t think my new man is good enough. This blond blue-eyed beast doesn’t think any man is—himself included.

But the more time we spend together, the more confused I feel.
I'm trying to open myself to love.

Yet I'm quickly realizing that the only man I want is Tahoe Roth.
The one man who will surely break my heart.

Ladies Man is a friends to lovers, slow burn read. The story sears it's way into your heart and soul. It takes place over a years time, there's an inevitable force slowly bringing two emotionally damaged souls together.

Tahoe Roth
"Beast. Stud. He's hot. Irreverent. Insatiable. Pure I, I, I-cause he's selfish too, and he'll never care for anyone more than he cares about Tahoe."

Tahoe is a playboy, takes what he wants without reservation with the exception of Regina. He has nothing to offer her except his friendship.

Regina moves on and starts dating Trent after a previous damaging break-up.
"I have Trent, who makes me happy, and who I'm good enough for. Trent only needs me, not a battalion of women like Tahoe does."

Trent should make Regina happy but instead he encourages Regina to hide behind her mask. She's built strong walls to keep her heart safe and hides behind her make-up. She puts on a face to hide behind. Regina previous relationship didn't end well and she still suffering from the lose. Instead of Trent trying to break down her walls he continues to enable her.

It takes a strong man who can see past the her walls to help her start tearing them down. Tahoe, over the course of the year, comes to Regina's aid several times. He's there for her. He wants better for her, not Paul (her ex), not Trent and not himself. He knows she deserves more. He slowly starts wiping away her walls.

Tahoe has his own demons he needs to put to bed. Regina is the one to move him past his hurt. Tahoe seems lost in his own world. Each time Regina appears she draws him further out. He shares his pain with her, she pushes him and at the same time he heals her.

Ladies Man is beautiful heart mending story. Regina comes into her own. She finds her way slowly, recognizing she doesn't need to change for anyone. She's beautiful behind her make-up. Tahoe man's up and stops letting his past dictate his future. This is not your normal romance, it's a story about two friends opening up, sharing their vulnerabilities and encouraging each other to heal. It's simply a beautiful, encouraging story. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment