Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Review: Clouded Hell by J.R. Gray

Clouded Hell
I survive on avoidance. Physical pain to avoid the mental. Disposable flesh to avoid relationships. Work to avoid attachment.

My club became my empire of avoidance. Inside the ring millions are won and lost. The fight is confined to breaths, actions and reactions, fists and pain. Rules don’t exist. Only my opponent exists.

I’d been avoiding my needs for far too long when Remi stumbles into the Inferno and I’m hungry. The promise of a submissive with no attachment is far too tempting. I can’t resist him.

He was only supposed to be a distraction, but I know I'll never get over him. There isn't a chance in this clouded hell.





I have no words to describe the intensity of Clouded Hell.  This story is about two men struggling with life and carrying around heavy baggage. The story is dark, sensual and unforgiving. The characters battle themselves, their lives and the hell they live in. They are being held down by the weight of their world.

Dante has loved and lost, he can't move past grieving and pain. He blames himself and has not found closure. He's world has gone dark. He fights to feel and lives to suffer.

Remi is living a lie.  He can't come out of the proverbial closet without risking his life. He has settled, only reaching out occasionally to sustain his desires until he meets Dante.

"You're merely using me to get what you need?"  "And you're using me to get out that blackness I see in your eyes," he shot back.  "We're using each other."

What was at first just a fix, no real intentions beyond controlled play soon evolves into much more. Dante takes the lead as the Dominate and holds out until Remi is willing to join him. The characters are well developed, you not only understand their prospective but also feel their their emotional strife. The ending is an emotional ride that will pull at your soul. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment