Friday, February 26, 2016

Review: Centurion (Impossible #11) by Julia Sykes

Centurion (Impossible #11)

She’ll do anything to get her scoop…
I need a major story to get my big break. Infiltrating the Pagans Motorcycle Club is my best shot at making a name for myself in the world of investigative reporting. Only, I might get a lot more than I bargained for. It’s not the gang that worries me most; it’s domineering FBI Agent Kennedy Carver who makes me quiver inside. When I discover his unique sexual proclivities, I might have a bigger story than the Pagans: The Secret World of BDSM.

He’ll do anything to possess her…
When my man on the inside rescued Carina from the Pagans, I knew I was in trouble. One look at the gorgeous, feisty redhead, and I was lost. I crave to bend her over my knee and punish her for getting herself into a dangerous situation. Once she submits to me, she’ll learn never to put herself at risk again. She’ll be mine.

Her betrayal tears them apart…
When Kennedy discovers that Carina is planning an exposé on his kinky lifestyle, he is determined to leave her firmly in his past. But when the woman who has haunted his dreams for sixteen long years shows up at his favorite BDSM club, he can’t resist her allure.

As they rediscover their burning attraction, an enemy lurks in the shadows, hunting Carina. Can Kennedy save her life and his own heart? Or will the loss of both destroy him forever?



Centurion is a love story 16 years in the making. This is Kennedy and Carina’s story about misunderstandings and long held grudges. What I enjoyed most was the feelings the story evoked, one minute I was angry with the heroine and the next my heart ached for her. Kennedy drove me crazy, he knew what he found but he let fears and pride get the best of him for 16 years.
Carina comes into Kennedy’s life because she put herself in danger. Kennedy felt an intense connection with Carina. He needed to protect her and make her his. When he discovers that Carina has been writing an article regarding his lifestyle, Kennedy ends their tryst in a flash. It’s 16 years of loneliness and stubbornness till they meet again. Their initial meeting is intense and gut churning but it’s not until Kennedy discovers that Carina is once again in danger that he pursues his need to protect her. But is it too late?
My heart hurt for Kennedy, his stubborn pride ruined his life for 16 years. It’s a long time to be lonely. When Carina first met Kennedy she was naïve and felt she was losing herself. As years went by Carina matured as a person and a writer. She was ready to tackle the misconceptions of the alternative lifestyle. Her love life never flourished because it was Kennedy who held her heart. The story is beautifully powerful. Julia Sykes once again tugged on my emotions. I’m ready for a Kennedy and Carina novella. 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment