Thursday, December 17, 2015

Review: Midnight Mass (Priest, #1.5) by Sierra Simone

Midnight Mass (Priest, #1.5)
We are told that God will punish the wicked. That sinful men will reap what they sow. We are told to scourge our souls with prayer and pain to become clean once again.

Well, here I am. Wicked and sinful. Desperate to become clean…even though it feels so good to be dirty.

But even I never expected what came next.

Even I never expected my punishment to come so soon.

***Midnight Mass is a novella and a sequel to Priest. It’s intended for mature audiences only.***








This is a beautiful, emotional, reassuring, and sexy tear jerker. Although the story is told by Tyler Bell it's Poppy who stolen my heart.

Tyler Bell (Previously Father Bell) is having an internal struggle. He hasn't been able to accept that he is no longer a Priest. Now he dedicates every minute pursuing his doctorate, seeking another vocation not wanting a perpetual state of restlessness. But at the same time he's missing out on life. He's spends his nights working on his dissertation, getting home late and missing out on the small stuff. Eventually, he begins to also miss out on the bigger stuff including his wife. There is a scene when Poppy (Tyler's wife) finally breaks. It's emotional, heart breaking and it felt very real. I almost forgot that I was reading a fictional story. This story is amazing. It grabbed me and pulled me in.  I cried, whimpered and in the end felt reassured. 5 Passionate Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment