Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: Sacked by Tabatha Vargo

Sacked

When Sawyer Reed wants something, he gets it.
And I WANT her.
She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s already mine.
Her resistance is futile because once I start a play, I always follow through. And I ALWAYS win.
Nothing, not even the deep-seated hate I have for my rival, Jacob Byrd, is going to keep me from my end game.
And my end game is Gretchen Cole.
But I have to keep my head in the game. Everyone knows what happens to a quarterback when he loses focus. He gets SACKED.



Sacked is a story about a pretentious, arrogant, jack-off who finds his heart. Gretchen Cole is the woman who brings Sawyer Reed to his knees however she has an ulterior motive for getting his attention. 

“My body was my temple, and I was more than willing to let a multitude of women worship all over it. All. Over. It.” Sawyer Reed

From the start Sawyer doesn't win any points with his arrogance and self righteousness. Gretchen has caught his attention but she only wants friendship. He doesn't understand why his male prowess doesn't make her drop to her knees for him. Sawyer has been hurt in the past by everyone he had loved. He devoted himself to football to get away from it all. Even with understanding his past it doesn't make it easy to like Sawyer. In the end Sawyer slightly redeems himself but I'm not sure it was enough. 


I liked Gretchen, she struggled with staying on goal while developing feeling for Sawyer. She was able to look past his narcissism and find some redeeming qualities. I on the other hand I did not find any redeeming qualities, he was a pretentious prick to the end.  I didn't feel the ending however overall the story was a good emotional, angsty ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment