Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review- Brando Part Two by J.D. Hawkins

Brando, Part Two (Brando, #2)

I gave you exactly what you wanted, and you still want more...

I thought I had everything: the fame, the money, and a girl on top — of the charts, that is.

But it turns out, it means nothing without her. The only girl who ever knew the real me. She doesn’t give a fuck about the platinum records or the VIP lounge, she wants more than that. She wants a future with me.

And I’m all in.
All the way in.



 

I know I'm in love with a story when I read the words "The End" and stare blankly at my iPad hoping it will magically continue on the next page. JD Hawkins first introduced us to Brando in Insatiable, his debut series. There was an outcry for Brando to get his own book, okay it was more like a few very excited fans/stalkers who bombarded JD on his Facebook page insisting that he tell us Brando's story. (yes, I know you are making assumptions on how I know this information. yes, you're assumptions are probably accurate.) 

The story resumes with Brando wallowing in self pity. He screwed up and has taken to hiding out. For the love of Jax, he appears to straighten out Brando. When Brando returns to work he discovers that his boss has come up with an idea that will throw him into the middle of the fire. It will also allow him an opportunity to try and rectify his wrong doing with Haley. What ensues next is a whirlwind of confidence boosting, backstabbing, jealously laden drama. Lexi is a conniving demon on heels. She drove me nuts. She needs a good b*tch slapping. Haley becomes more confident but will she be able to move past the unfortunate circumstances that surround her.

The conclusion brings us a HEA and a little bit of sweet revenge. Brando riled me up and left me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment