Monday, October 26, 2015

Review: Brando by J.D. Hawkins

Brando

I know what you want, and I know exactly how to give it to you...

It's why I've got a row of platinum records on my wall and girls lining up for a shot at fame. I'm the best. Now I just need to prove it.

The bet is simple: take a nobody and make her a star. I just didn't bet on HER.

She's not some wannabe, she's the real deal.

But fuck it, I want her. And I always come out on top.





Brando is back! You do not need to read Insatiable, where Brando first appears but if you haven't read it yet, please do, you will love it! 
Brando Nash is the playboy of all playboys! Brando is a "six feet of gym-sculpted muscle, a strong jawline courtesy of Italian ancestry (via Brooklyn, New York)" and he's got his dream job in the music industry. Brando got the world at his finger tips, he makes it happen! Oh my, I'm in love! 

What Brando doesn't have is the big act that got away. When he's given an opportunity to win back the one that got away, he takes it without reservation. What he doesn't expect is what, or better said, who comes next. 

Haley Grace Cooke, a open mic night singer, a unique talent and a old soul meets that man who can make her dream come true. She also gives Brando more than he's asking for. 

Brando is the man of the hour. He is a smooth talking agent, with sex appeal and charisma. His drive gets him the musical acts but it also put his heart in jeopardy.  The story is sexy, well written and entertaining. J.D. Hawkins impresses with his uniquely vivid writing style. He also leaves you hanging, yes another cliff hanger but I know it'll be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment