Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Review: Wrath: Wrong book 2 by Stevie J. Cole and LP Lovell

Wrath (Wrong, #2)

Tor
Jude Pearson could just as well kill me as kiss me most days. He was my captor, my living hell, and yet, he became my saviour, my heart. Stupid. He's heartless, conditioned to feel nothing, and so I ran... straight into the clutches of his enemy. Joe Campbell wants Jude to suffer, and I just became a pawn in a very dangerous game.

Joe has broken me in every way, everything that I once was stripped away, and in its place is festering hatred and a rage so cold I feel nothing else. I have one purpose. Revenge.

Jude
Love makes you weak; it makes you irrational. She was collateral, completely innocent when she was unwillingly dragged into my corrupt world. With the damage I'd already caused her, I couldn't let her love me, so I let her go, and now...he has her.

No matter where she is, she will always be mine. This man has taken every-fucking-thing from me, and he has the last thing that matters to me. I will kill him. Slowly. Joe Campbell better run because the devil is fucking coming for him.

Sometimes two wrongs can make a right.

Rage.

Hate.

Revenge.

Our Wrath binds us, but it may also break us. 



I have serious book hangover. I don't know where to start. Wrath is off the wall, dark, twisted, gritty, and stomach wrenching. Just the way I like it! I want to include a small warning, the story begins with a violent scene that many make some people uncomfortable. 

The story returns to Victoria (Tor) being taken away the police, to soon realize that she's being abducted by Joe Campbell. Once Jude discovers that Tor has been taken, he sets off to find her and do anything he needs to do to get her back.

"This is unadulterated rage, and Joe has no fucking idea what he's just unleashed. The fucking devil himself would run and hide from me because I know no fucking limits, and I'm fucking pissed."

Jude heads out on a witch hunt, destroying anyone in his way. While Jude is running into dead ends, Joe is destroying Tor and also preying on Jude's brother, Caleb. Jude's family is being destroyed, can he get there fast enough to save them? Will his rage and destruction catch up with him? Is revenge worth losing everything he has and loves?

If the beginning of the story didn't churn my stomach, the second half brought a scary new version of Tor. 

"Evolved to Survive, this is what I need to survive. Blood. Revenge. Wrath." 
Tor has become a new person, living through the darkness and seeking out revenge to survive. Jude has suffered great pains, he knows in order to keep them safe he needs to destroy Joe. I'm telling you this book is dark and twisted. It's easy to sympathize with both characters, although they are not good people. I still find myself hoping they have a HEA. Stevie J Cole and LP Lovell know how to keep you on the edge of your seat and make your stomach churn! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment