Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Review: Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland

Cocky Bastard

He was someone who belonged in my wildest fantasies instead of a rest stop in the middle of Nebraska.

A sexy, cocky, Australian named Chance was the last person I expected to run into on my cross-country drive.

When my car broke down, we made a deal. Next thing I knew, we were traveling together, spending sexually-tense nights in hotels and taking unplanned detours.

My ordinary road trip turned into the adventure of a lifetime. It was all fun and games until things got intense.

I wanted him, but Chance wouldn’t make a move. I thought he wanted me too, but something was holding him back.

I wasn’t supposed to fall for the cocky bastard, especially when I knew we’d be going our separate ways.

All good things must come to an end, right?

Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.




I loved, loved, loved this story! It's funny, sexy, heartbreaking, heartwarming and filled the best sexual innuendos. Life throws both Chance and Aubrey (Ah-Bree) a curve ball and also a fainting goat. They find each other at the most inopportune time. They meet by chance and find themselves on a road trip of a life time.

"Thank you for making my fantasy come alive. I hope all of your dreams come true. You deserve that, Aubrey." 

Unfortunately, the trip ends in heartbreak. It won't be for another two years before they have a second chance but is it too late?

Chance is a former Australian soccer star, who returned to America because his family needed him. Aubrey has left Chicago and her ex-boyfriend to start over. It's a chance meeting and a President bobble head that bring these two opposites together. Their road trip escapades are hilarious. Chance and Aubrey quickly grow on you. Their story takes a backseat for two years. When Chance is able to return to Aubrey, he sets out to win her over again. It's a challenge but Chance is up for the battle.  I love Chance and his spirit. It was too easy to walk away but he doesn't. He's fights with all his heart to win back his family.

Read this book! You will love the second chance love story and the most unusual family. The story kept me entertained and on the edge of my seat till the end.



Esmerelda Snowflake



No comments:

Post a Comment