Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Review: Bootycall, Part 2 by J.D. Hawkins

Bootycall, Part 2

I’m going to show her just how good a bad boy can be...

Everything’s riding on my comeback, but suddenly, Hollywood is the last thing on my mind.
Gemma Clark was supposed to keep me out of trouble, but now I’m in way over my head. What we have is real — too real. It’s just a matter of time before it all comes crashing down.

I need to face my demons, but what happens when she discovers the truth?










This is not a fairy tale, it's a story of struggle, success, failure and remorse. It's a story about 'real' life but not to say there isn't plenty of hot action and a HEA.
  
In Bootycall part two, Dylan returns repentant for his actions. He makes a mends and begin to successfully fulfill his contract. Gemma is able to move past Dylan's transgressions however she continues to keep up her defenses to keep her heart and her job safe. It doesn't last long before Dylan maneuvers into position and takes Gemma by storm. Dylan is a wooing genius. 

Gemma give Dylan hope. He's found his strength from Gemma. "I barely know her, but I still see so much when I look at her. A way out. A different life. Something pure and clean. Something strong and inviting."  Is it enough to fight his demons? 

When Dylan's past begins to unravel, in Dylan fashion he retreats. This time Gemma takes the situation by the balls, no longer safe guarding her heart she reaches out to Dylan. She implores Dylan to see what is 'real' life. 

"You know, you're always talking about focusing on what's 'real' life- well, that''s real life. Bad shit happens, and it makes no sense, and you'd give anything to change it- but you can't. You have to move on from it."
  
Dylan has lived so long with pain and self-blame, he struggles to move on. It's Gemma, the woman behind the man, who frees him. The moment of clarity, the moment of hope is touching and heart felt.  The story is well written and J.D. Hawkins continues to impress and surprise. Bootycall reaches deep and teaches an important life lesson. 





No comments:

Post a Comment