Thursday, July 16, 2015

Review: Professor Cline: Redeemed (Professor #2) by J.M. LaRocca

Professor Cline: Redeemed (Professor #2)

The past never stays in the past. The pain, guilt, and darkness still flow through my veins and itch to come out. I’m not proud of my secrets, but I have never felt shame either…until her.
Emma makes me feel things I thought I’d become immune to. She makes me want to see light, to rid myself of my demons and it terrifies me.

There is so much from my past she doesn’t know. I told her I wasn’t good for her, that I’d ruin her, and I vowed to stay away. But I can’t get her off my mind.

I need her.

I need her in more ways than I knew were possible for me.
She is my saving grace and I’m ready for redemption.





Professor Cline Redeemed is the conclusion of Mason and Emma's story. We return to Mason, who continues to struggle with his past, he continues to fight his demons daily. Emma has shined brightness into his life but is it enough?

When truths are revealed the story starts heading into a dark and dangerous place. I was anticipating a turn for the worse, a threat, something, anything. However it didn't happen, it was anti-climatic. Although I did enjoy the twist, the story let me down. 





Emma was a spark of hope for Mason however he still fell back into old patterns. Mason couldn't over come his darkness and reach out for Emma in his time of need. The story is really about Mason and his struggle and how he works towards redemption. The love story seems secondary and that's too bad. I really liked Emma. She wanted to help him, she wanted him to use her. She's a smart woman, she knew she wanted him but she also knew when it was time to step back. 

The story does provides us with closure, hot scenes and a happy ending. Mason continues his dominate ways and discovers he's not all evil because Emma shines light into his soul. That's pretty positive.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment