Friday, June 19, 2015

Review: Beat by Vi Keeland

Beat

Dimpled smile of a boy
Hard body of a man
Sings like an angel
Fucks like the devil

I was stuck between a rock(star) and a hard place.

At fifteen, his poster hung on my bedroom wall. At twenty-five his body hovered over mine. Every girl’s fantasy became my reality. I was dating a rockstar. Yet I was slowly falling for another man. The problem was—the two men—they shared a tour bus.

Flynn Beckham was the opening act.
Dylan Ryder was the headliner.

What happens when the opening act begins to shine so bright, it seems to dim everything else in its wake?

I’ll tell you what happens. Things get ugly.



Beat is a story about two rockstars what find themselves in the opposite ends of a relationship. The catch, it's with the same woman.

Lucky owns Lucky's bar and she's dating her childhood infatuation, rockstar Dylan Ryder. Dylan Ryder is the head singer of Easy Ryder. He's also an egotistical, self-absorbed, thirty-five year old dick. Yup, I'm not so much a big fan. When 'In Like Flynn' signed up to tour with Easy Ryder, Dylan doesn't disguise his distaste for the younger competition, specifically Flynn Beckham. Dylan canceled his initial meeting at Lucky's with Flynn, allowing Flynn ample opportunity to flirt with the bartender. The bartender he didn't know was also Dylan's girlfriend, Lucky.

"Well, Lucky is worth breaking your rule."
"She's also the girlfriend of the lead singer of the band I'm going to spend six months traveling with."
"I heard. Sounds like fate to me."
"I think you're confusing fate with fatal"

The story is filled with angst, emotion, but don't worry it will make you laugh. I hadn't watched the movie "Frozen" until I read the story, it's mentioned several times throughout the story. If you haven't seen it, first it's a great movie, second there is a connection between the movie story line and the book. I loved the book even more, after watching the movie. Lucky is my new favorite heroine. She's struggles to move forward because of her past but she doesn't give up. When she could lose it all, she strong and makes the right decisions. Dylan wins the 'Biggest Douchebag' award and I don't hand out that award so liberally. Seriously, what an ego. Flynn is a great character, he finds the one and doesn't let go easily. He puts in the effort, supports and comforts at the right times.The story is a battle of two rockstars, only one in the end can win the girl.

Side note: I absolutely LOVE the cover, it definitely stirs the imagination.

Displaying beat teaser rd 3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment