Tuesday, June 2, 2015

*****5 Dark, Gritty Stars***** Wrong by LP Lovell and Stevie J. Cole

Wrong

Tor

My life was mapped out and planned to perfection. I knew exactly what I wanted and where I was going, until I was thrust into his world and ripped from mine. In the blink of an eye everything shattered, proving to be nothing more than a cheap illusion. Now I’m living in this twisted form of hell, where enemies and friends are one and the same. I thought I wanted perfection. Now I don’t know what I want - perhaps not even my own freedom.

Jude

I'm the definition of wrong. I'm violent, I'm greedy, and I stop at nothing to win. I'm a notorious bookie and in my game paying with your life is not just a figure of speech. You lose, I collect. I take whatever you have. She’s collateral for a debt, and if that debt's not paid someone will die. This should be just business, so why can’t I kill her?
Everything is not always as it seems.

Lust. Blood. Lies.

Nothing this wrong should feel so right.



WOW! Wrong is an intense ride from beginning to end. It's dark, gritty and captivating. I could not put this book down.

Jude is a bookie who takes his job seriously and if you fail to pay it will cost you your life. Jude is out for merciless vengeance on the man who slaughtered his family. He's ruthless, soulless except for his one weakness, women.  At the very beginning of the story he enacts his plan for revenge. Jude world becomes disrupted when Tor (Victoria Devaux) is given as collateral for a gambling debt. Jude wants nothing to do with Tor, he knows it's a mistake to keep her as collateral. When Jude discovers a connection with Tor and the man who murdered his family, he decides to break her and prove that she's only a pawn in the game of vengeance.

Tor had survived an attack but not without harm, she's been broken however she doesn't give up.
"You have to evolve to survive, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I've evolved. I've become who I need to be in order to survive this, and this girl wants vengeance, she wants blood, and Jude is the embodiment of both."

Jude has also evolved. He's has found his match when he met the feisty Tor. "Even the devil needs something to break through his darkeness at times. And that's what Tor does...she rips through my darkness."  Tor has become Jude's weakness.  He knows he should set her free to live her life safe from him but he's selfish. The story is intense, there are twists and turns. The relationship that develops between Jude and Tor is wrong. Tor had a good life before Jude, she had a career, a future. Now Tor only has Jude and his deadly business. The ending is a cliffhanger and it's a doozy. I can't wait for the next book, I need it now!!

s

No comments:

Post a Comment