Monday, May 4, 2015

Book Review: Insatiable (Part 1) by J.D. Hawkins

Pro pbid 830194

It’s not cocky when you've got the goods to back it up.

Lust-maker. Pleasure giver. Fantasy creator. I can blow your mind in five seconds flat — but trust me, you’ll want this to last all night.

There’s not a woman in the city who can resist me. Except one.

Now she’s got a proposition: Seven days. Every position. No strings attached.

She wants to know what she’s been missing.

Who am I to say no?







Dam, this is a good book! I was really enjoying the story until BOOM, cliffhanger! I'm left in angst, I'm starving for Part Two. No I'm not being melodramatic, I'm suffering from Jax's internal battle. Let me start from the beginning. 

Jax Wilder is a successful, sexy, overly confident Casanova. He has women falling at his feet. Jax is inspired by women, he uses them to create his architectural masterpieces. It's not until he's brushed off by "a woman with a perfect body' does he discover he's mortal after all. 

Lizzie is in a bad relationship.  After being brushed off by her boyfriend one time too many, she breaks up with him. In pursuit of discovering her sexuality she propositions Jax teaching her "everything that a man could want in bed, yes. I want to know how to drive him wild. I want to know how to do everything in the bedroom. Wild, crazy sexy, everything." She asks and is granted 7 days, every position, no strings attached lessons.  

Their lessons are hot and sexy. Jax draws out Lizzie's confidence. He tutors her on lingerie, makes her feel sexy and adventurous. At the same times Jax discovers Lizzie is not just another fling. She's a beautiful smart, intelligent woman. He goes all 'Alpha' on her supposed friends and puts her ex in his place.  Jax is so dam swoon worthy.

There are only a two days left of the agreement and Lizzie pulls back.  She makes a decision that brings me to why I'm crushed and left in angst. J.D. Hawkins did a incredible job developing the characters. Jax starts off as a typical prick, out for one thing. He develops into a good guy who defends Lizzie, teaches her confidence while he himself grows emotionally. Lizzie has grown more confident, she no longer holds back an has sexually opened open.  I can't wait for Part 2.  I'm hooked! 


 "Let me guess," she finally says, "Is it red?"  
I snort. "Do I look like an amateur?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment