Tuesday, April 7, 2015

*****5 Stars*****Review: Say My Name by J Kenner

Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1)

Say My Name features Jackson Steele, a strong-willed man who goes after what he wants, and Sylvia Brooks, a disciplined woman who’s hard to get—and exactly who Jackson needs.

I never let anyone get too close—but he’s the only man who’s ever made me feel alive.
 
Meeting Jackson Steele was a shock to my senses. Confident and commanding, he could take charge of any room . . . or any woman. And Jackson wanted me. The mere sight of him took my breath away, and his touch made me break all my rules.  

Our bond was immediate, our passion untamed. I wanted to surrender completely to his kiss, but I couldn’t risk his knowing the truth about my past. Yet Jackson carried secrets too, and in our desire we found our escape, pushing our boundaries as far as they could go.

Learning to trust is never easy. In my mind, I knew I should run. But in my heart, I never felt a fire this strong—and it could either save me or scorch me forever.










If you enjoyed the Stark Novels, you are going to love 'Say My Name'! Sylvia Brooks is Damien Stark’s assistant, she discovers an opportunity to develop a resort and is handed the project. She becomes officially the project manager for the The Resort at Cortez, a Stark Vacation Property. In an unfortunate turn of events the architect backs out and Sylvia may lose her opportunity unless she's able to find a replacement. The only architect she feels would be able to keep her project alive is also a man she left behind 5 years ago, Jackson Steele. 

Five years ago Sylvia and Jackson had spend two life altering days together. Sylvia was unable to cope with her emotions, she ended it by asking him to never contact her again. Now she needs him, although he initially rejects her request for a meeting, Sylvia continues to pursue him. She's able meet with him and explain the opportunity however Jackson has other plan. 

"Package deal princess," he says, the endearment making me cringe. "You want me on the project, I want you in my bed."

Jackson is looking for revenge because Sylvia had broken his heart. After Jackson makes it almost impossible for Sylvia not to agree to the terms, he soon discovers her secrets. He discovers the pain she carries, the reoccurring nightmares that persist and her fears of losing control. Sylvia opens up to Jackson and shares her fears and their relationship begins to move forward. However there continue to be lingering secrets. Secrets that can destroy them both. 

I loved, loved, loved this story.  This story is a real page turner, when the story feels settled, you are shocked by further revelations. I was kept on my toes the entire story, I kept turning the pages to discover the secrets and truths. There is a twist at the end that changes the whole course of the story.  I enjoyed both the strength and weaknesses of the characters. Troubled pasts to coping in the present. Although this is not a cliffhanger there are still many unanswered questions. This is a 5+++ Story! I can't wait for the next chapter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment