Friday, March 20, 2015

*****5 Conquerable Star Review***** Coda (The Submission Series #9) by C.D. Reiss

Coda (Songs of Submission, #9)

Did you want a pat little ending about Jonathan and I riding off into the sunset? Did you want flowers and stars? Man, I wish it was all soft filters and violins. I wish we could fight about who cleaned the bathroom or who was cooking dinner. But I knew I was never destined for simple contentment.

I almost committed murder for him. I almost tore us apart to save him. How do you get back on the horse after that? Because, I promise you, nothing is the same. Nothing.

I’ve earned our happily ever after. Now I have to survive it.










Buy Link
1-Click on Amazon Coda: (The Submission Series #9) (Songs of Submission)




Although CODA  by definition is something that serves to round out, conclude, or summarize and usually has its own interest, I do not anticipate that this will be the end of Jonathon and Monica's story. I'm hoping for future updates in the Drazen's sisters continuing series (hint, hint CD Reiss). Of course this is just speculation.

This is Jonathon and Monica's story six months after the life saving procedure. Their lives have changed significantly, they both suffer from nightmares and have given into fear. Monica fears the present, not wanting to cause any stress or burden on Jonathon. She fears the future of life without Jonathon. Jonathon struggles with the present, he didn't feel whole, he let his fears and his new heart dictate his life. Jonathon makes a conscious decision to take back what's his and begin their healing. 

"I know every inch of her skin, every curve of her body, yet that day, when she'd said no to me, I anticipated the prospect of showing her why that wouldn't wash any longer with no little delight."

Monica is reintroduced to her master, her king. She's ready to hand over her 'unconquerable soul'   Their dynamic returns however is it enough? The story is filled with love, anticipation, fear, grief, hope and happiness. CD Reiss has written, no she has created a beautiful love story of a couple struggling to maintain their relationship after their world was turned upside down. Coda is brutally eloquent, fulling and artfully written. CD Reiss has taken us on a unforgettable journey and now I can't wait to the continuation of the Drazen's sisters series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment