Saturday, February 14, 2015

****Review**** Prick by Sabrina Paige

Prick
I can't stop thinking about that prick.

Caulter Sterling is a prick.
A filthy-mouthed, womanizing, crude, spoiled, arrogant prick.
The tattooed, pierced, panty-melting-hot son of a celebrity.
I hate him.
He's slept his way through practically every girl at Brighton Academy.
Except for me.
I'm the good girl. The responsible girl. The 4.0, class president, studied-so-much-she-never-lost-the-big-V girl.
And in celebration of graduation and adulthood, I just made the worst decision in the history of ever.
I lost my V-card to the devil himself.
It was just one night. So what if it was mind-blowing? Hit it and quit it.
Except I just found out that my father - the Senator, the Presidential hopeful - is marrying Caulter's mother. Oh, and this summer? We're hitting the campaign trail.
One big happy family.
I'm totally f**ked.



1-Click on Amazon Prick: A Stepbrother Romance

Review



Katherine Harrison was the perfect Senator's daughter. "I had been little Miss Perfect my whole life -- 4.0 GPA, class president, valedictorian, the whole nine yards." Until one night of indiscretion, when she decided she didn't want to go to college a virgin.  Who does she select to deflower her?

Caulter sterling, "the bad boy who didn't give a damn about rules or expectations." Otherwise known as "The devil incarnate."

As it turns out sleeping with Cautler was not Katherine's best choice once her father announces that he is engaged to Ella Sterling, Caulter's mother.  

"Before this announcement of my father's, it was just an ill-advised one night stand. A temporary laspse in judgement. My complete loss of sanity. Now, it's suddenly.....incestuous."

Senator Harrison and Ella Sterling plan on getting married that summer. Caulter already had a large incentive to stay for the summer and play nice. Katherine has provided him with even more reason to stay.

I very much enjoyed all the bantering between Katherine and Caulter. They are sexually attracted to each other and take advantage of their time alone together.  As their relationship evolves and they become more emotionally attached.  Katherine and Caulter are young and still have growing up to do. Their friendship helps them make life decisions, which may have gone against the grain.

Katherine is a strong character who at the end stands up for her future. I love that she takes risks, even though it goes against her father's expectations. Life really is too short to please everyone. 
Caulter doesn't have a mother, he has a friend. He's just a 'trust fund' baby. Life takes him for a ride and he jumps in with both feet. In the end he finds his way, he wins in life and love. Prick is the perfect name for this book! Sometimes the title sells the book. In this case I think the title may make you pick-up the book and take a look, but it's the story that really draws you in.





No comments:

Post a Comment