Thursday, February 19, 2015

**** 4 Star Review **** Pawn - Volume 2 (Pawn #2) by Maya St. James

Pawn - Volume 2 (Pawn, #2)

“My motivation is simple. Greed. I wanted to possess you, wanted to f*ck you speechless, wanted everything about you. I’m not broken. I’m nothing you’re trying to make me out to be, so unless the next words out of your mouth are ‘F*ck me, Graham,’ we’re done here. Your move, Ms. Courtney.”

That’s what the stranger I’ve agreed to crawl into bed with told me when I confronted him for betraying me. Five months. I’ve given Senator Graham Delaney permission to possess my body for five months, and I know nothing about him except that he’s manipulated me and that his dirty mouth and demanding hands set my skin on fire, leaving me writhing for more. My wickedly handsome lover is all lies and desire and secrets—all bundled up in a well-fitted suit and a grin that won over millions—and I’m determined to figure him out.

To possess him.

After all, I have four and a half months left. And I’m already getting under his skin.

My move indeed, Senator Delaney.






1-Click on Amazon Pawn: Volume Two


Review


'WARNING: The pages of this novella contain filthy words and naughty situations. Reader discretion advised.'  I can second this warning!
 
We resume the story after Ella discovered Graham had betrayed her and she is now back home with her family. "He'd cost me the job I needed to pay my tuition just so he could be my knight in kinky armor."
   
Although Graham has an ultimate goal, he is developing feeling for Ella. He's drawn to her, as she is drawn to him. They play a game of cat and mouse, until they both give in and their passion explodes. Graham hasn't given up his end game and we'll have to wait for the final volume to find out the outcome. The good news is volume three is coming at the end of February.

Graham is a cold-hearted prick! He is egotistical, arrogant and was ruined by a past relationship. Ella is not what Graham expected and she's getting under his skin. I love the cat and mouse game they played. They both know that their relationship is wrong but it feels so right.  I'm enjoying the novellas. I like that they are released quickly and they leave me wanting more.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment