Sunday, January 18, 2015

****Review**** 'Til Death, Volume Two by Bella Jewel

'Til Death, Volume Two ('Til Death, #2)

You know how it went for me.
You know what he did.
You know the fire he left inside my soul when he crushed me into a thousand tiny pieces.
Since Marcus, my life has been a blur of emptiness.
Since Marcus there has been nothing.
I’m alone, my Mom is dwindling and I feel nothing but emptiness. I work long, I work hard, but why? There’s no longer anything to fight for.
I know I have to face him. I know I have to go back. To fix my life, I have to break my ties to him.
Seeing Marcus again will destroy me, but it’s time to finish this.
I don’t expect the bitter, twisted emotions I’ll feel when I see him again, and when I lose everything once more, because of him, the only thing on my mind is revenge.
But how do you hurt someone you still love so deeply?
How can I still care for a monster? How can he still make me feel?
Our story is the most complicated of them all, it’s far from beautiful, it’s far from perfect, it’s just a twisted mess of emotion that neither of us knows how to fix.
But we will fix it. You’ll see.





Marcus is falling apart without his wife, Katia.  She left him after she discovered the truth and he pushed her away.   "How am I supposed to pull myself together when my glue is f**king gone?"

Katia has moved away with her mother and her daughter that she is hiding from Marcus. She closed all accounts and left no traces to be found. Katia is working long hours, making minimum wage, barely scraping by. Her mom fails ill and Katia has no choice but to call her father for help. Her father jumps right on a plane to come an help. 

Katia agrees to go back and divorce Marcus, while her father stays behind and helps her mother. When she does meet with Marcus, he will not agree to a divorce. He wants to talk and discuss how he feels. Katia continues to deny him the opportunity to talk to him. Katia receives a call from her father that her mother is not going to make it. She rushes to the airport but Marcus stops her. He was his chance to talk. The delay cost Katia time and she misses her flight. She takes the next flight out but it's too late when she arrives, her mother had passed. 

"My mother was my everything. She fought for my every breath, and I left her. I left her to fix something with someone who couldn't care less about me. He stopped me from going to her. He stopped me from getting to tell her one last time just how much she meant. The last piece of Katia I was holding onto snaps, and I drown in a pit of my own darkness."

Katia discover a policy which pays out five million dollars if Marcus passed.  Katia is completely void of emotion and make the decision to hire a hitman to take out her husband.

Marcus finds out and promises her a divorce. Her family finds out and helps to come back to them. 
She cancels the hit. Katia's reveals to Marcus he has a daughter. They start to become close again however Marcus continues with the divorce. Katia finds out that Marcus has sold his house and business. She hasn't heard from him and finally realizes that it's over. Is it really over? Not a chance. No cliffhanger here.

After Katia is gone, Marcus realizes what he's lost. Marcus develops feels, maybe for the first time. On the other hand due to unfortunate events Katia becomes a monster. I couldn't put the story down. I read it straight through because of all the twists. I was shocked when Katia ordered a hit, she was lost and hollow inside. Lesson learned I'm canceling our life insurance policy, just in case (lol).  I was happy with the ending or I should say the new beginning



No comments:

Post a Comment