Monday, January 26, 2015

***** 5 STEAMY STARS***** Review: Three Simple Rules (The Blindfolded Club #1) by Nikki Sloane



Three Simple Rules (Blindfold Club, #1)
I would do anything for my dream job. Now I have to.

In order to save my skin at the office, I'm forced to sell it at an exclusive and illegal blindfold club. He paid thousands of dollars for one night to own me, but when my blindfold comes off, I want more. More nights, more rules, and more from this unavailable and uncompromising man.

Rule number one, no questions. Rule number two, no lies. But, rule number three? That's the hardest one to obey.














Review


Evelyn is a graphic designer who made a very big, sloppy mistake.  In order to correct the mistake, she will need her boss to agree to let her pay for the replacements that cost ninety-six hundred dollars. Evelyn decides to ask her friend Payton for help. Previously, Payton had suggested several times to Evelyn that she try working at an exclusive blindfold club, however she turned her down until now. Evelyn has no choice but to sell herself for one night or lose her dream job.  Unbeknownst to Evelyn, she sells herself to her boss, Logan.  Evelyn finds herself completely smitten with Logan.  He’s very dominate, “This feral, alpha-male version of Logan was scary and thrilling and I was drawn to it. Eager to submit.”   

However she has a few obstacles to overcome.   
  • What to do about her close friend Blake? He confessed that he loves her. 
  • Logan didn’t want to define his relationship with Evelyn. Evelyn didn’t just have sex without a relationship.  
  • What to do about work? Logan is her boss, she wants to promote but doesn’t want it to appear to be favoritism.


Logan also had several obstacles in his way.
  • His ex-girlfriend left him with baggage.  He had a difficult time compromising. He didn’t want a relationship.
  • After splitting up with his girlfriend of twelve years, he had cut her out completely.  He still needed closure.
  • He had hidden a few lies that needed to be revealed in order to move on.
  • He also needed to deal with not losing his job or credibility.
There is a lot of substance in this story.  It’s not just all about the HOT, SO HOT, steamy scenes.  Evelyn has to deal with several issues, at the same time that she’s developing a relationship with Logan. They had to learn how to compromise, develop trust and be able to forgive, while hiding their relationship from coworkers. The defining point in their relationship takes place when it begins to unravel. That’s when Evelyn discovers that “He was willing to give everything up for me, and I know I’d give everything up for him, if I had to.” This story is STEAMY! I loved every page. At the end there’s a cliff hanger that segues into Payton’s story.  I can’t WAIT!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment